Official “Vegas” Text-To-Win Sweepstakes Rules & Regulations
The contest (“Contest”) is offered by Minit Stop Holdings, LLC (the “Company”). 385 Hukilike Street, Suite 202, Kahului, HI 96732; www.minitstop.com/contests; facsimile number (808) 270-2871.
1. No Purchase Necessary: No purchase is required to enter or win the Sweepstakes. The purchase of any good or service will not increase your chances of winning.
2. Official Rules: These official Rules (“Rules”) are a legally binding agreement by and between you and the “Company” (as defined below) and govern your entry in the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited by law.
3. Dates of Contest: As specified for each Contest and/or Sweepstake. All entries must be received during the Promotional Period (April 1, 2013 through May 31, 2013). The official time keeping device for online entry is the “Company” computer. If there is a dispute regarding the identity of the electronic and/or online “Entrant”, the authorized account holder at the time of entry will be deemed the Entrant.
4. How to Enter: Enter Sweepstakes by texting the word Vegas to 71441 or registering online at the Company website. (Contest entry rules may vary with each sweepstakes).
5. Eligibility: The Contest is open to all registered Minit Stop Rewards members: (i) with a current government issued photo identification reasonably acceptable to the Company, (ii) that are at least 21 years old (varies with Contest) and (iii) are residents of the State of Hawaii. Only one (1) entry per registered Minit Stop Rewards member. Employees and agents of the Company, its affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies and divisions, participating promotional partners, vendors, and their respective employees and immediate family members are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriages(s), remarriage(s), adoption, cohabitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. The winner may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and complete relevant tax forms as a condition to the delivery of the applicable prize.
6. Warranties and Consents: By completing and submitting an electronic or paper entry, you: (a) represent and warrant that (i) you have read, and agree to be bound by, the Rules posted: and any applicable policies or procedures posted, (ii) based on the Rules, you are eligible to participate in the Contest and/or Sweepstake, and (iii) all of the information provided as part of your Entry is accurate, does not violate applicable law; and (b) agree to be bound by the interpretation of these Rules by Company, which are final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
7. Personal Information: You are required to submit personal data such as your name, phone number, email address and mailing address (“Personal Information”) on the entry form. Entries that do not include all requested information will be ineligible. Acceptance of a prize constitutes winner granting permission to Company and its affiliates the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, Facebook, other social media at any time or times, the winner’s name, biographical information, voice and/or picture, and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and promotion without further compensation. By participating in the Contest and/or Sweepstake, unless prohibited by law, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes. As a condition of receiving any prize the Company may, but is not required to, further require the winner to execute a separate release and authorization for the use of the above-referenced personal information.
8. Internet: The use of any automated launching or entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits you to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will result in your disqualification from the Contest and/or forfeiture of any prize awarded. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planed due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Company which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, the Company reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. The Company assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communication line failure, theft, or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Company is not responsible for electronic transmissions or entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed or misdirected, or for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, server, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry to be received by the Company on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or any Website, or any combination thereof, or for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from your participation in the Contest or the downloading or accessing of any materials in the Contest.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY AND SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM YOU AND ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Prize(s) and Odds: Only one (1) prize per household, per Sweepstakes, and/or within any thirty (30) day period. Only one (1) prize per household within any six (6) month period if the prize is valued over $600.00. If a winner is disqualified, the Company, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and the Company reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Prize(s) must be used before their expiration date. Prize(s) are nontransferable and not assignable. No substitutions are allowed by winners. Prize(s) may not be redeemable for cash. If tickets to a performance or event are awarded as a prize the Company shall not be responsible for any cancellation or rescheduling of the performance or event for any reason and has no obligation to reimburse, refund or otherwise substitute the tickets for another prize. If tickets to a performance or event are the prize, no substitute tickets for any reason will be provided by the Company. Blackout dates may apply. Prize will have a one year expiration date for redemption from the first day of the Contest/Sweepstakes. The Company is not responsible for cancellations or delays in travel accommodations and has no obligation to reimburse, refund or otherwise substitute any tickets awarded as a part of a travel prize due to such cancellations or delays. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible participants.
10. Selection of Winner: At the end of the Sweepstakes period (May 31, 2013), there will be a random drawing in which one (1) Grand Prize winner from Maui and One Grand Prize winner from the Big Island will be selected from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period and will be conducted under the supervision of the Company. The decisions of the Company are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
11. Claiming the Prize: The procedure for claiming prizes will vary with each Sweepstakes. Unless the Sweepstakes specifically directs winner to claim their prize at a specified venue, the winner(s) must claim prize(s) in person within two weeks (14-days) of winning, at Company’s corporate office at 385 Hukilike Street, Suite 202, Kahului, HI 96732 (at a pre-determined or specified time, Monday through Friday between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm) or, when applicable, from the location in which the drawing takes place. Each winner is required to provide a current government issued photo identification in such form as requested by the Company before any prizes will be awarded. Any failure by the winner to provide the required information to the Company within fourteen (14) days of the winner’s date of winning will result in forfeiture of the prize. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Should the prize(s) be valued at $600.00 or more, the winner will be required to provide a valid Social Security Number and complete a W-9 Form. The winner will be issued an IRS Tax Form 1099. All federal, state and local taxes and incidental fees are the sole responsibility of the winner.
12. Limitations of Liability/Release: Winner(s) and all participants in the Sweepstakes agree and hereby do release and hold the Company, its members, officers, directors, its employees and agents, harmless from any and all losses, damages, penalties, rights, claims, suits, costs, actions and expenses of any kind resulting from acceptance, possession or use of any prize, participation in Contest, including without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage.
13. Contest Interference: If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including due to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or other causes beyond the Company’s control that affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, the Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and/or disqualify any individual who is not in compliance with these rules or tampers with the process. Company assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telecom, communication network, computer, website, Internet malfunction or otherwise.
14. Reservation of Rights: The Company reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, to be in violation of the Rules, to be acting in a non-sportsman like or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Company will prosecute any fraudulent activities to the full extent of the law.
15. Rule Compliance, Modifications: By Participating in this Sweepstakes, the contestant(s) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Company, the Sweepstakes supervisors and any judges selected by the Company, which shall be final in all respects. The Company reserves the right to change these Rules at any time that it determines necessary in its sole discretion and will not be responsible for any typographical or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other announcements or materials relating to the Contest. Special Contests/Sweepstakes may have specific additional rules, which will be available from Company.
16. Official Rules Availability: A written copy of these rules and winner lists (lists only available for up to one year after end of contest) are available during normal business hours at the Company office, on the Company website or by mail upon written request to Company with an enclosed self-addressed, stamped return envelope. The Company mailing address is 385 Hukilike Street, Suite 202, Kahului, HI 96732.